10 - Organic Maca 450 mg 50 caps
Acts on erectile dysfunction
Physical and intellectual tonic
Reduces menopause syndromes
Pill box 50 capsules
Vegan product, not tested on animals
Harvested in Peru - Made in France
Maca belongs to the Brassicaceae family and corresponds to the species Lepidium meyenii Walpers, otherwise known as Lepidium peruvianum Chacon
A significant number of substances contained in the maca root are identified: (Source AFSSA - Referral 2004-SA-0155)
- Glucosinolates, known for their antioxidant properties, such as glucotropaeoline and methoxy-benzyl-glucosinolate, present at levels of about 1% and used as chemotaxonomic markers;
- Catechins, responsible for an antioxidant effect (2.5 mg/g in maca tuber);
- Carbohydrates (59 to 65%), proteins (6.6 to 12.8%), free fatty acids (less than 1%), fibres (4 to 6%), benzoyl derivatives of malic acid, sterols, amino acids;
- An alkaloid derived from methyl tetrahydro-carboline which has an effect on the central nervous system (in particular an inhibitory effect of monoamine oxidase (MAOI)) and is considered a precursor of mutagens, responsible for neuronal death;
- Other alkaloids: non-oxygenated lepidilins A and B alkaloids derived from bis-benzyl-imidazole with cytotoxic activity shown on cancer cell lines, and macaridine, another benzyl-dihydro-pyridine alkaloid;
- Benzyl derivatives of fatty acids, macaenes and benzyl alkamides, macamides. A validated method of analysis of maca root extracts by HPLC reveals very different compositions depending on the extracts. Macamides and macaenes are present at levels ranging from 0.15% to 0.84% and not all the molecules contained in the maca root have yet been identified. The identification of four alkaloids alerts on the presence of other potentially toxic related substances.
In humans, two clinical trials show that the consumption of maca extracts at a dose of 1.5 g and 3 g per day has a beneficial effect on spermatogenesis and increases sexual desire and performance. In these studies, changes in hormone levels, progesterone, testosterone, LH (Luteizing Hormone) and FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) were not detected.
Improves erectile capacity
Tones the body
Stimulates cognitive abilities
Against the adverse effects of menopause
Ingredients for 2 caps:
Organic Maca powder 900 mg - (Maca harvested in Peru)
HPMC plant tunic: 93 mg - Size T0
Allergens subject to labelling (according to decree 2008-1153): none
GMOs subject to labelling (according to EC Regulations 1829/2003 and 1830/2003): none
Organic and Vegan product - not tested on animals
Ingredients without magnesium stearate (nor magnesium salts of fatty acids)
Titanium dioxide free
Pill box guaranteed phthalate-free and bisphenol A-free
Made in France
1 or 2 caps per day
Precautions for use:
Food supplement based on plants. To be consumed with a varied and balanced diet combined with a healthy lifestyle.
Comply with the daily doses indicated. Keep out of reach of young children.
Not recommended for children and adolescents.
Not recommended for people with metabolic syndrome